The catalog has become a powerful cross-channel advertising medium. More than ever, people shop the catalog but make their purchases on the web.
Consumers who receive a catalog are TWICE as likely to make an online purchase at that business web site. Catalog recipients will make 16% more visits, view 22% more pages and spend 15% more time shopping the site.
And, catalog recipients spend more! Yes, the online shopper with catalog in hand will spend 16% more than the shopper without a catalog.
So what makes the difference? Here are six reasons why cross channel catalog/web shopping are more profitable now than ever before.
- Catalogs are harder to ignore than pure e-marketing vehicles.
- Catalogs have longevity and ‘hang around’ as a constant reminder.
- Consumers enjoy the tactile experience of flipping through a catalog.
- Catalogs are portable and easy to share with others.
- They build brand loyalty and product awareness.
- The buyer conversion rate for new online prospects shows a 260% lift from a catalog. Even current customer conversions are 67% higher when they have been mailed a recent catalog.
Don’t let anyone fool you; Ccatalogs are more relevant than ever before.